Re: Bypass large files with filter

2006-01-24 16:59:13
Robert McKenzie:
I've been searching around but not found an answer.  I under a rule
such as

  :0
  * > 150000
  $MAILDIR/Big_Messages

That works file in ~/.procmailrc

No need to state $MAILDIR there,

   :0:
   * > 150000
   Big_Messages

means the same. (If I hadn't added locking.)

What I'm trying to find is a way to do that for /etc/procmailrc so
messages for every user are automatically bypassed. My
/etc/procmailrc is currently more then 45,000 lines long..

Why?

small
messages fly through but big messages with attachemtns can literally
take hours to filter through all the rules.

What is this MAILDIR normally? Let's assume "/home/$LOGNAME/mail".

# /etc/procmailrc

   DROPPRIVS = 'yes'
   SHELL     = '/bin/sh'
   MAILDIR   = "/home/$LOGNAME/mail"