Re: Using List-Id in recipes

2006-01-31 01:58:36
On Monday 30 Jan 2006 21:29, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 10:30 2006-01-30 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
And will put all of them into the specified folder?  Not quite what
I was wanting to achieve, but thanks anyway.  I can see that using
selected bits of this will come in handy later.

Well, to be correct about it, the recipe which Mr. Kreme posted isn't
mine verbatim - I set a $LISTNAME variable which can be subsequently
used by other recipes.

<http://www.professional.org/procmail/listname_id.rc>

Basically, the idea is to get $LISTNAME set to some list-specific
string, and then afterwards, you can just check $LISTNAME to match
whatever lists you're s*scribed to:

# once, up near the top of your procmailrc
INCLUDERC=listname_id.rc

# an example of matching a specific list and doing something with it

:0

* LISTNAME ?? ^^bugtraq^^
{

         :0c:
         :
         | formail -A"${XMBHEAD} BUGTRAQ" >> $DEFAULT

         :0:
         :
         | gzip -9fc >> $LISTNAME.gz

}

Much clearer.  Thanks for the explanation.

Anne