Re: Processing plussed addresses

2006-02-04 10:17:07
On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 04:46:41PM +0000, Alan Clifford wrote:

I've decided that I'd like to process plussed addresses at a
certain point in my procmail recipes.

The to: field can be of the for:

alan+web(_at_)domain1(_dot_)example
sir(_dot_)alan+web(_at_)domain1(_dot_)example
alan+web(_at_)domain2(_dot_)example

So what is a good way of handling this?  Can I put, and how, the various
parts into variables?  Or would it just be simpler to detect the + in the
address

(written without reference to docs so syntax might be incorrect)

Whatever you decide, you need to quote the plus sign.  An unquoted
plus sign is a regex magic char to procmail.

Oh, I suppose you thought you were with the '/', but that's
wrong.  It would be '\'.  Or, much easier to read, imho, '[+]'.

dman