Re: Processing plussed addresses

2006-02-04 11:10:28
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Dallman Ross wrote:

DR> > So what is a good way of handling this?  Can I put, and how, the various
DR> > parts into variables?  Or would it just be simpler to detect the + in the
DR> > address
DR> >
DR> > * ^(to|cc):.*/+.*@
DR> >
DR> > (written without reference to docs so syntax might be incorrect)
DR>
DR> Whatever you decide, you need to quote the plus sign.  An unquoted
DR> plus sign is a regex magic char to procmail.
DR>
DR> Oh, I suppose you thought you were with the '/', but that's
DR> wrong.  It would be '\'.  Or, much easier to read, imho, '[+]'.
DR>
DR> dman

Whilst I'm letting this proposal churn around in my head, I realized that
I would have to tighten up on that test. If the default is to let in
unless an address is in the list, then the above would only need an
address, any address with a +, in additon to one of my addresses, to allow
the message.  I'd need something like:

* ^(to|cc):[    ]*(sir\.)?alan\+(_dot_)*(_at_)domain1\(_dot_)example

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )