Re: copy of all mails to one user

2006-02-05 08:41:41
Am 2006-02-02 10:22:31, schrieb Professional Software Engineering:

Gotta wonder: does this "law" include archiving requirements for messages

It is currently not officialy, but who knows...

which are *RELAYED* through a host?  Imagine having a backup MX that has to
have a few terrabytes of storage...

I have no infos about it...  Currently I know only, that
the EU want to force ISP's to archive outgoing Messages.

Even if I have only 20% effectif traffic, the cost will explode.
And I will do sabotage... no Virus/SPAM-Filtering!!!

Ich the french or german GOV want to get all messages from a $USER,
they should get the whole unfiltered traffic.

If it really got down to it, you could probably circumvent it by getting
mail hosting set up outside of the EU.  That'd be the no-brainer solution
if your mail traffic is really as high as you say.

The problem is, that I do not know how it is defined...
I have some Virtual-Maildomains which are Intranet and
not public, but connected directly to the Internet.

So must I archiv "internal" traffic of an Enterprise or
Organisation?  Those stupid laws can drive someone crazy.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi