Re: Complex filtering

2006-02-08 16:30:57
tried Spam Assassin
but the mail server is a coblat Raq 3 ...
it doesnt have a version of perl that SA likes ... (5.004.08)
tried to configure SA but it doesnt learn ....
and braught the machine down to its knees ..
since its not the primary mail server but rather a secondary mail server (they primary is behind a baracudda Spam Server)
procmail works well and cleans 90% of the stuff...

Gary Funck wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Matee Moshkovits
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:27 AM
I need to do some complex filtering and dont know how. here is the suto code ... and I need to know how to do it in procmail spamkiller=" a long list of email addresses that spammers target on my system"
if TO = spamkiller then
if somepart of the body = " things spammer use in email like the words online pharmacy" then dump to $HOME/mail/mail/SPAM else if somepart of the body= "other things spammers use in emails like "advertise with us" then dump to $HOME/mail/mail/SPAM
some more else if statments.

Spamassassin offers a better technical solution, if you can afford
the cpu cycles.  Case in point:  spammers often base64 encode their
spam messages.  Therefore, a procmail recipe won't even "see" the
clear text form of the spam pattern it is looking for.  Spamassassin
will decode the message body before applying its scoring rules.
  - Gary

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Thank You

Matee Moshkovits
Chief Technology Officer
AffordHost Inc.
Direct Telephone: (416)238-7698
Email: mmmoshko(_at_)affordhost(_dot_)com

Business-Class Web Hosting at Affordable Prices