Match Subject lines I have replied to

2006-02-12 23:04:47

I often reply to a message on a mailing list and then forget about it
(I'm on too many lists, but that's another story) until I go back
several days later and see responses to my post, often looking for
more information.

I thought about making a recipe which would look for Subject: lines I
have sent to lists and then copy them to a special folder.  Since I
get my own messages that I send to the lists, it wouldn't be too hard
to find those, theoretically.

Has anyone already done this?  If so I'll avoid reinventing the
wheel.  Here's what I'm basically thinking of at this point:

:0c
* ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)tntluoma\(_dot_)com
{
# match any message from me
# Grab Subject: line and store it somewhere,
#       perhaps a flat file?
#               if so, how to trim it?
#               if so, be sure to lock it for writing
#       if not flat file, how else?

}

:0Ec
{
# these are message NOT from me
# therefore check them against list of Subject: lines
# if match, store somewhere like $MAILDIR/.INBOX.ActiveThreads/
# else trash to /dev/null

}

thoughts?

TjL