Re: Match Subject lines I have replied to

2006-02-12 23:53:56
At 00:55 2006-02-13 -0500, Lists wrote:
Has anyone already done this?  If so I'll avoid reinventing the
wheel.  Here's what I'm basically thinking of at this point:

Heheh, you could look for messages containing your domain in the
your post.  This works for YOU because you have your own domain (which you
may probably be the sole user of).  Make a copy of your messages to
populate the formail messageid db with.

That wouldn't necessarily pick up replies where someone posts a reply to
one particular message (possibly prior to one of your contributions) and
includes comments about some other messages in the same thread (something I
do now and again - I'd rather make ONE post than half a dozen one-liners).

Of course, broken MUAs could pose problems <g>

:0c
* ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)tntluoma\(_dot_)com
{
# match any message from me
# Grab Subject: line and store it somewhere,
#       perhaps a flat file?

#               if so, how to trim it?

Certainly eliminate Re type prefixes before storing.

#       if not flat file, how else?

Flat file makes reasonable sense for simplicity.  You could use berkley db
or other (such as sql), but you'll need an external proggie to do storage
and lookups (but then, grepping your flat file already requires external prog).