Re: Using procmail to deliver into a MySQL database

2006-02-20 12:39:51
On Feb 19, matt . (nospam-fasterdisco(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com(_dot_)ns) typed:

Matt:  Hi folks,
Matt:
Matt:  I am new to procmail.
Matt:
Matt:  Is it possible to write a procmail recipe that will take an incoming
message
Matt:  from Postfix and deliver it directly into a MySQL database?  Where do I
Matt:  start?
Matt:
Matt:  Thanks in advance.

As an non-expert in procmail I can offer the following:

(Assuming all incoming email and assuming no massaging of the message)

:0 c:
| /path/to/external-program

where external-program is whatever program you have to add data into
your database.

(
* Im dont think the 2nd : would be needed, none of my recipes are
  piped.
* Other flags, i w f b h, may (not) be needed.
* Id keep the c flag so that you dont lose email.
)

 Thanks
 Birl