Re: what happens to mail when device is full?

2006-02-20 12:49:41
On Feb 16, Nikolaj Fleischer (nospam-nf(_at_)9k(_dot_)dk(_dot_)ns) typed:

Nick:  Now my question is, what happened? It looks to me as if the mails where
Nick:  delivered to the procmail command and then removed from the postfix
mailqueue.
Nick:  Where did the mails go, into the blue? The test mails I have send where
not
Nick:  bounced back, so it may seem as if they were accepted and store
somewhere on
Nick:  the machine.
Nick:
Nick:  Any suggestions og request for more information are welcome.
Nick:
Nick:  regards

procmailrc says:

ORGMAIL     Usually the system mailbox  (ORiGinal  MAILbox).
            If,  for  some  obscure reason (like `filesystem
            full') the mail could  not  be  delivered,  then
            this  mailbox will be the last resort.  If proc-
            mail fails to save the mail in here (deep,  deep
            trouble  :-),  then the mail will bounce back to
            the sender.

 Thanks
 Birl