Re: Invisible To/From

2006-03-22 13:13:01
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Dallman Ross wrote:

Well, Fleet, you have a regex for a character class inside the
brackets.  I'll bet you didn't try escaping the open-bracket, did you?

I swear I tried that - but I'll try again.

You have: "'^To: ' followed by '<' followd by any of '%', 't', 'o',
or '@', followed by '>'.  I don't think that's going to catch much.

Try

I think it's silly to bother coding on each such individual case

Oh I agree absolutely.  It was just driving me bonkers that grep would
take the expression in the "raw" format with no trouble and I could NOT
get procmail to work with it any way I tried it.

Hang on ... I'll try it now ....

Interesting:

grep found three messages in the "spam" file:
[~/spamtest]$ grep "^To: <\[%to(_at_)]>" ~/mail/spam