Virtual Users with .procmailrc

2006-04-06 19:43:45
hi there,

we run virutal users using winbind as well as local users on our RHEL 4 mail
server with postfix and dovecot.

i'm looking at setting up a vacation message and I have set it up as per
what i have posted on my website

http://www.yourhowto.org/content/view/58/9/

and for the local users it works great!

but for our virutal users using winbind it doesn't work so well, i've done
some googling and found the procmail doesn't work well with virtual users,
but there are some work arounds, can someone help me out with this?

i'm looking at getting procmail to look in the home directories of my
virtual users /home/$username/.procmailrc as pre the how-to list above

Paul Matthews
I.T Trainee | The Cathedral School
Ph  (07) 47222 194 |  Fax (07) 47222 111
PO Box 944 Aitkenvale Q 4814
E:  paul(_dot_)matthews(_at_)cathedral(_dot_)qld(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au
W: www.cathedral.qld.edu.au

Anglican coeducation | Day and Boarding | Early Childhood to Year 12
Educating for life-long success

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CONFIDENTIALITY

This electronic email message is intended only for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the addressee, you are
notified that any transmission, distribution or photocopying of this email
is strictly prohibited. The confidentiality attached to this email is not
waived, lost or destroyed by reasons of a mistaken delivery to you.