Re: what does this mean: "cannot execute binary file"?

2006-04-30 12:59:56
Dallman,

Now the question is whether I'll make the same change as you.

Even though with verbose off there isn't much to see, the error
messages do still appear in the log.

Indeed it does.

I think maybe you don't much
use legacy procmail dirs, but if you do, you'd also see the
target/../target bit in $LASTFOLDER.  These are not important
points, but they are probably worth mentioning.

I don't use them at all, only maildirs.  I test for the existence of the
directory because, if the calculated target from the message does not
exist, I do not necessarily want it created.

For my purposes, the error message that is ugly to you stands out for me
and gets my notice.  "Couldn't chdir to" might as well.  But rewriting
my existing code would be nasty, and I don't see much benefit for me.

So all told, there are two ways to do it, but the choice is not a
no-brainer, and neither is a clear-cut all-around winner over the other
in all situations.