Re: move spam into /home/user/mail/Junk

2006-05-02 23:58:46
Sur 2006-05-02, Patrick Shanahan skribis:
* Paul Matthews
<paul(_dot_)matthews(_at_)cathedral(_dot_)qld(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> [05-02-06
20:45]:

for some reason I just can't get it to work, can someone
please help me, even if it's only one step.

What part of the two postings advising you to remove the
'/etc/procmailrc' and install a '~/.procmailrc' is it that you
fail to understand?

Nancy's site contains VERY GOOD basic instructions in applying
procmail.

Thank you for saying that Patrick. Here's a question for Paul:
*Why* are you trying to set this up? Is it:

  1] You need to deal with your spam problem.
  2] You would like to become a system administrator.
  3] You need to do this for a class you're taking.

If the answer is #1, I recommend that you outsource your email
administration. You can get very good service for ~$20 per year.
If the answer is #2, I recommend you set aside a few hours and
carefully read my Procmail Quick Start and follow the
step-by-step instructions. If it is #3, I recommend that you
either decide you want to be a system administrator and then do
what I suggest in the previous sentence OR drop the course. Given
the questions you have asked, you currently do not have what it
takes to become a system admin. You need to either change your
learning style or change your goals.

There is nothing wrong with changing your goals. Lots of people
-- actually *most* people -- are not cut out for system
administration.

  Nancy
   (sent via gmane.mail.procmail)

--