Re: lock/temporary files being created by procmail

2006-05-24 01:28:56
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Errol Casey wrote:

EC> I am seeing files of the following format created in
EC> /var/spool/mail
EC>
EC> ./_YHH+t6GjDB.serverX.domain
EC>
EC>
EC>
EC> When using strace, I can see procmail look for one of these
EC> files; and find it; and then continue multiple times looking
EC> for a similarly
EC> named file.
EC>
EC> Why does it continue to look for a file, after successfully
EC> opening it?

I can see from your verbose procmail log that the error occurs on line 36
of your .procmailrc file.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )