Re: Error message for one user

2006-06-24 15:59:45
Gerard E. Seibert schreef:

I am running Procmail on a FreeBSD 6.1 STABLE machine. I have not yet
really gotten around to configuring it. In my sendmail configuration
(mc) file, I have the following:

FEATURE(`local_procmail')

The configuration file, what there is of it, is
'/usr/local/etc/procmailrc' and consists of this:

SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin
VERBOSE=yes
PMDIR=/usr/home/ges/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/pm.log
DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME

This has not much to do with the problem you described, at least not
directly, but:

Lines 5 and 6 (PMDIR and LOGFILE) look very strange: this is the central
procmailrc that is run before the user's dot-procmailrc, and it sets
LOGFILE to '/usr/home/ges/.procmail/pm.log'.
For all users to be able to write to that pm.log, they need permissions
that they shouldn't have.

What is so special about your "admin" user, I don't know. Are symlinks
involved?

--
Groet, Ruud