Re: Pointer to recipe or program to recognize vacation auto-replies

2006-07-13 05:00:13

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, mark david mcCreary wrote:

I'm hoping somebody can point me to a program that will
recognize vacation or Out of Office auto replies that come
back.

        As I know this messages came as regular messages.
        You have no sign that it was sent by auto-mechanism.

Bye,
  Udi

As you know, the Subject line could contain a myriad of
different phrases.  Or the Subject line could be the same
(with an Re:) and the top part of the body of the email has
some verbage saying that the person is on vacation, etc.

I've searched this mailing list's archives and also Krugle -
http://www.krugle.com/ for Perl programs, but the large
amount of code talking about how to build a vacation program
drowns out any anti-vacation code that might be out there.

So if you know where to find some existing code to do this,
please reply with some clues.

Thanks

mark

viruses.