Re: filter to reply from a eml template

2006-09-23 07:03:31
Dear Ernst and others,

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

Why *.eml, can't it be just a file or file.txt ?

I guess it could, provided procmail will make good use of it and will be
able to generate a multipart email where the file will not be an
attachment but will define both email headers and body.

It's a autoreply you wan't, right, defined by subject?

Something similar but slightly different. We get emails like
send-welcome-fr which is a notification that something subscribed to the
French mailing list that we daily send. Now, when this happens, I want the
mailserver to automatically send a welcome message to the email specified
in the FROM field (the new subscriber). However, date would need to be
modified to automatically display the current day and time.

I am not sure if this is the way autoreply works but I would need to be
sure that procmail can use the specified template to form the complete
email altering only the date.

Thank you for your advice!

Warm regards,

Zbyszek