Re: filter to reply from a eml template

2006-09-23 08:20:45

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:00:11 +0200 (CEST)
From: Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek(_at_)szalbot(_dot_)homedns(_dot_)org>
To: Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst(_at_)vindal(_dot_)com>
Cc: Procmail-users <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Subject: Re: filter to reply from a eml template

Dear Ernst and others,

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

Why *.eml, can't it be just a file or file.txt ?

I guess it could, provided procmail will make good use of it and will be able
to generate a multipart email where the file will not be an attachment but
will define both email headers and body.

It's a autoreply you wan't, right, defined by subject?

Something similar but slightly different. We get emails like send-welcome-fr
which is a notification that something subscribed to the French mailing list
that we daily send. Now, when this happens, I want the mailserver to
automatically send a welcome message to the email specified in the FROM field
(the new subscriber). However, date would need to be modified to
automatically display the current day and time.

I am not sure if this is the way autoreply works but I would need to be sure
that procmail can use the specified template to form the complete email
altering only the date.

Thank you for your advice!

Warm regards,

Zbyszek

Put something like this in .procmailrc or /etc/procmailrc

         :0
         * ^Subject: .*(somethingthatmatch)
{
         :0 cw
         | ( formail -rt -A "X-Loop: you(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" \
         -I "From: whatever  <no-reply(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>"; \
         echo ""; \
         echo "Your mail is recieved at $(date -R)"; \
        echo ""; \
         cat $HOME/.signature \
         ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
}

that will give u autoreply with only date/time

/ernst-magne

Linux-User #310283 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
**********               and the man said              **********
(Albert Einstein)