RE: FW: Lol Procmail dont work

2006-11-29 10:33:25
At 11:52 2006-11-29 +0200, Marcel Grandemange wrote:

[mail account for root]
This purely a test box, this wont be the case in my production server.

uhm, purely for testing, you might try setting up a user account and
manipulating that.

I only need procmail for a single user. Don't want it handling everyone
elses mail.

There are a lot of systems configured with procmail as LDA.  Not
withstanding your current issues getting it running, procmail is a reliable
LDA.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    31 Nov 28 16:53 .forward
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   146 Nov 28 16:42 .procmailrc

you might want to set the perms on both of these files to 644 or 744.

-----
"plop" is simply a generic term I use while testing. Its simply there for
testing purposes. As I cant get procmail working yet, I will not put it onto
my main server.
-----

See my website and grab the "sandbox" setup there.  try piping email at it,
and ensuring that procmail runs on your recipe when invoked via commandline.

Also, check out the procdiag shell script (and you should review the
content to see for yourself that there's no nefarious stuff in there before
executing it).

"/var/spool/mail/root" Does not exist for me.

I meant to come back and edit that out, as the output of your procmail
invocation later in your original post showed that /var/mail/root was
indeed your system mailbox.

The location is correct ive checked, also I have tested procmail from
command line with this configuration, and it works! It however doesn't from
the ".forward" file

Perhaps your postfix config is taking issue with the procmail binary
permissions.  Say, in a fashion similar to the sendmail restricted shell
(smrsh).  See:

<http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/procmail/2000-05/msg00013.html>

"local_command_shell" is probably what you need to look for in your postfix
setup.

If this is the case, I can't begin to fathom why postfix wouldn't be
issuing a bounce for the messages.  In fact, if procmail were executing and
bailing out, there should be an exit code...