Re: procmail 3.22: ':0 B:' misbehaves on solaris

2006-12-06 14:29:41
=- Dallman Ross wrote on Wed  6.Dec'06 at 20:40:18 +0100 -=

There is an old known bug in 3.22 such that the H flag is
sticky.  Once you set it, it stays set on subsequent recipes.
There is a patch for this out there.

Eh ... but ... why do debian and redhat linux work?
Have they applied this patch in their distros?
What's the name? Looking at debian's patches I didn't recognize it
at a glance.

Given that 3.22 is several years old, when will be the next
official update? The page says "when I have the time" ... well,
those years have passed... ;)

However, since H is the default, normally one rarely has
a need actually to state it.

No, only when looking for special spam, which is the case here
when I was needing :0B:, but since B ?? ... worked, I'm not stuck.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.