Re: procmail 3.22: ':0 B:' misbehaves on solaris

2006-12-07 06:07:23
=- Mike Peeler wrote on Wed  6.Dec'06 at 18:40:49 -0500 -=

No, only when looking for special spam, which is the case here
when I was needing :0B:, but since B ?? ... worked, I'm not
stuck.

There's no problem with :0B. The problem is, some recipe
used :0H. As H is the default, that recipe must have used
:0HB. So, to fix the problem at the source, change that recipe
:to use " * HB ?? ". Doesn't that make more sense?

Knowing the nature of the problem now, this might have been a
solution, but given my context where I need :0BH: very often, it's
easier to do it my way, because there are less cases needing "B ??"
than "HB ??"

FYI, to check for the fix in Debian and Red Hat, here's where to look:

Ah thank you very much, because debian's comment regarding this
patch was not clueful enough for me:

------ QUOTE BEGIN ------
        Fixed off-by-one bug in procmail.c which made the raw flag
        not to be cleared properly.
------- QUOTE END -------

I didn't conclude any relation of my problem to anything "raw".

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.