help requested with wierd setup

2006-12-18 14:13:59
I am in progress of moving from one kind of wierd (to me) email setup to
a more consistent (to me) setup. Currently I have a linux box outside my
firewall (fully exposed) running courier. Email comes in and is dropped
into a Maildir on that box. My users inside the firewall uses pop3 to pull
the messages from the courier maildrop to their local workstations.

original path:

internet->linux box/courier/maildrop<-users/pop3

                                 firewall

I am installing spam assassin and will go to production with it soon.
The production is easy in that I will switch mx records causing all
email to hit the spam assassin box first, be filtered, then forwarded
to the linux box on the outside. To test the spam assassin and tweak
it before my users (only ~20) get involved and these changes become
visible I have tweaked the courier and maidrop(8) on the linux box outside
the firewall to forward my messages and one other user's messages to
the box that has spam assassin, the messages are filtered, then forwarded
to what will eventually be my imap server inside my firwall, then the
eventual imap server forwards the messages back to the linux box on
the outside. That's the wierd part. All boxes here send messages outside
the firewall for storage for the users, the users pull their messages
back through the firewall.

current path for testing:

internet->linux box/courier/maildrop->spam assassin->imap server->linux
bux/courier/maildrop<-users/pop3

                                                firewall
         firewall

(sorry, I know that's wide)

Before I get the imap into production (soon) I want to test the messages
that are sent from spam assassin to the imap server (has sendmail) being
dropped directly into cyrus for me and one other user instead of those
messages being forwarded back to the outside/courier box.

short circuit for two users:

internet->linux box/courier/maildrop->spam assassin->imap
server->cyrus-imap<-users/imap

                                                firewall

Currently the imap box forwards all messages to the courier box as a smarthost.
Is there a way to have procmail selectively give all messages for only two
users to cyrus' 'deliver' and let all other messages continue on the current
path back to courier?

When I can put all the changes in production this whole deal will be much
more simple. The couier and imap boxes are linux. The courier box uses
courier as the primary MTA, the imap box has sendmail as the primary MTA.
The spam assassin box is linux and IPCop with Copfilter, spam assassin,
and other stuff installed (and running quite nicely).

Mike