Re: Procmail to Gifspam to SA ... what next?

2006-12-18 14:51:05
=- Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote on Mon 18.Dec'06 at 21:37:57 +0100 -=

### no letters in body
:0 B:
* B ?? ! [^a-z]
$SPAM

I would make that:

  ### initialisation

  LOCKFLAG = ':'
  :0
  * SPAM ?? ()/^^
  { LOCKFLAG }  #  reset

  ### recipes

  :0 $LOCKFLAG
  * ! B ?? [a-z]
  $SPAM

(I assumed that you want to check for a body without any
[a-zA-Z] character)

Right, I see you've put "!" in front: aside from taste, any other reason?
As for LOCKFLAG, I know maildir doesn't require locking, but does
it hurt?

You have recipes with HB in the flags. Best get rid of those,
because an H-flag can cause trouble.

In how-far? You mean the infamous "not reset H flag"?
I learned it the hard way, so I had to put "B ??" where required.

LOGINFO=SUBJECT
### case sensitive D, 1st part begins, 2nd anywhere in subject
:0 BHD:
* ^[Ss]ubject:(\
      [      ]*\/(\
      [FP][HARMCYa-z]+[YA]$\
      )\
|\
      .*\/(\
      [FP][HARMCYa-z]+[YA]$\
      )\
)
$SPAM

This seems equivalent to me:

  LOGINFO = 'SUBJECT'
  ### case sensitive D, anywhere in subject
  :0D $LOCKFLAG
  * HB ?? ^[Ss]ubject:.*\/[FP][HARMCYa-z]+[YA]
  $SPAM

Right, but I kept the wrapped version so it's easier to extend
with another line
      |WORD\

And I've put it twice, because the spammers used only 1 variant,
so I had no other example to put in the other case, and didn't
want to leave it empty so people can easier see where to put
extensions.

but why check "^Subject:.*" in the body? And why is it setting MATCH?

MATCH is being used throughout the system to keep track in the
logfile which rule applied why, in case something went wrong.
Instead of checking the folder for false positives you can quickly
see by the MATCH excerpt whether it was applied rightfully or not.

See http://sial.org/pbot/21851 for sample log-output.
It's sorted as the "temporary" view, but in the archive log they
as stored by date, incl. non-spam, which I've left out here.

Subject in body: well, some spammers fail it using their tools
properly, sometimes cutting off the whole body, missing proper
content-type (tags in body), ... shit happens even for spammers.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.