Re: Procmail to Gifspam to SA ... what next?

2006-12-19 09:17:42
=- Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote on Tue 19.Dec'06 at  1:46:45 +0100 -=

  :0 $LOCKFLAG
  * ! B ?? [a-z]
  $SPAM

(I assumed that you want to check for a body without any
[a-zA-Z] character)

Right, I see you've put "!" in front: aside from taste, any
other reason?

To negate a condition, I find it strange to put the negation
marker inside the condition.
I also changed [^a-z] to the opposite: [a-z].

Oh, damn, that was a mistake!!! Thanks for pointing this out.
Lucky me it didn't trigger so far. :)

As for LOCKFLAG, I know maildir doesn't require locking, but
does it hurt?

It certainly can, with many spam messages per minute.

Ok, but that's a general locking bottleneck, independent of
whether using maildir or not.

But you still use the H-flag several times. Just remove them, an
H-flag is never needed.

*sigh*
I've begun this list before I learned about the H-error, and put
it then for explicity(?) reasons almost whereever used so people
know where a rule applies.

Right, but I kept the wrapped version so it's easier to extend
with another line
      |WORD\

I could not find any reason why you had the same expression
twice, once "at the start" and once "anywhere". The second one
covers the first one.

Yes, as I've written: only because spammers used only 1 variant.
If they had used the other, too, then the example would carry different
cases and make more sense in itself.
But to show the alternative, I reused the same string.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.