Re: procmail and virtual mail accounts

2007-03-01 01:36:01
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 20:20:22 PM -0800, Professional Software
Engineering (PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org) wrote:

At 21:58 2007-02-28 -0500, Giff Hammar wrote:

I want to be able to send an e-mail to a specific address in my
domain and have procmail process the mail.

You need to arrange with the hosting service to set up aliasing to pipe
messages to procmail.

[...]
Has anyone set up this kind of system before?

Can't say that I have -- I use real servers with real accounts <g>

It can be done on a "real server" and it avoids the maintenance and
security issues of creating system accounts to users who _only_ want
email from that server. See the archives of the postfix list in the
last two weeks, there is a thread on this very issue with a partial
solution described. Of course it is based on the sysadmin agreeing to
configure just the pipe mechanism that Sean mentions above.

HTH.
        Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73