Re: procmail and virtual mail accounts

2007-03-01 08:01:01
Giff Hammar a écrit :
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, but I didn't see the original post.

I have a web site at a hosting service and have set up several mail
addresses. I want to be able to send an e-mail to a specific address in my
domain and have procmail process the mail.

I have tried putting the .procmailrc file at several different levels in the
directory structure (/home/domain, /home/domain/mail,
/home/domain/mail/domain.com, /home/domain/mail/domain.com/user), but the
mail always gets delivered to the user inbox. This leads me to believe that
procmail is not being called for the virtual user name since it doesn't
really exist on the server, at least in the Unix sense.

Has anyone set up this kind of system before?

My recipe is pretty simple (the names have been changed to protect the
innocent):

:0
* ^TOuser(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
| ./script_to_run-v1.pl

The .procmailrc and perl script both have 755 privs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Giff

Giff Hammar / K1GAH
PHOENIX / USA-51515
V: +1.603.490.7163
ghammar(_at_)sv-phoenix(_dot_)com
http://www.sv-phoenix.com

Hi,

So it works with Sendmail/procmail:

There's a real UNIX user called for example MAILUSERS
Sendmail uses virtusertable feature which maps virtual users' e-mail
with MAILUSERS account
so is virtusertable:
user1(_at_)ledomaine(_dot_)com   MAILUSERS+%1
user2(_at_)ledomaine(_dot_)com   MAILUSERS+%1
---------------------------------------
@ledomain.com   error:nouser Utilisateur inconnu, unknown user

and you must put your .procmailrc at the root of MAILUSERS' home dir
because all mails are sent to this unix user.

then, in .procmailrc, you can extract the real recipient through $1 variable

here comes your MDA which can deliver mail in the appropriate directory

Lucien

--
Lucien GENTIS
IUFM de Lorraine

Tél. 03 83 17 68 41
Email : lucien(_dot_)gentis(_at_)lorraine(_dot_)iufm(_dot_)fr