RE: procmail and virtual mail accounts

2007-03-04 21:05:12
Giff Hammar wrote:

procmail is not being called for the virtual user name since it doesn't
really exist on the server, at least in the Unix sense.
:0
* ^TOuser(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
| ./script_to_run-v1.pl

Lucien

-- Thanks. I'll have to see if the hosting folks will do that for me.

This could be really stupid (it's late) but does your virtual user have a
proper home directory? I'm assuming that's where you put the .procmailrc
and ISTR many moons ago putting a pipe to procmail in a $HOME/.forward

|/usr/bin/procmail

which should work on Exim even if it's not looking for a procmail pipe it'll
still honour the .forward file.

Just tried this - works OK. My exim looks first for a .forward - and then
a .procmailrc: on an old server I know the procmail transport wasn't setup
in exim so I just did it this way.

BTW your .procmailrc / .forward doesn't need 755, 640 or even 0600 should
do. perl script needs it tho'!

good luck...

Regards,

Jamin