Re: attachment filtering

2007-03-20 05:23:40

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Dallman Ross wrote:

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 11:32:18AM +0200, Udi Mottelo wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Justin Zygmont wrote:

Does anyone know of a way so the email attachments are not searched in a
recipe?  I have several recipes that look like this, and they are
finding a match from inside the email attachments.

:0B
* QCPC
/var/mail/spambox

:0B
* HPGI
/var/mail/spambox

     Well known problem.  The following helps me more then 8 years:

:0B
* ()\<QCPC\>
/var/mail/spambox

     btw, you can join the recipes:

:0B
* ()\<(QCPC|HPGI)\>
/var/mail/spambox

You have confused me no end now.  What is this magic string-pair,
QCPC|HPGI, that you have been searching against for eight years and
that the OP also wants to search against?  I have no such string in
any of my recent spam, and I have been examining spam for years and
have no a-ha moment about those particular strings with regard to
spam markers.  What the hell?

Or are you saying you have used word-delimited body searches for
8 years, but not necessarily with these particular two "words" in
mind?

         I'm sorry Dallman, you right.  Because of my poor English
         I try to short my messages as possible and in this case it
         was too short!

         I mean that more then 8 years I use the word-delimiter to
         avoid mistake when the words that I'm looking for are very
        short or looked no-meaning like this "QCPC".

        I use "()" for 5 years and 7 months;   "|" in regular-
        exprassions more then 2 year 6 months and 19 days  :-)

Bye,
  Udi

Dallman