Re: " lockfile syntax "

2007-03-25 10:42:15
On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:41:04PM +0200, Udi Mottelo wrote:

      The "!" reminded me the old UUCP too  :-)  Also, the "!" has meaning
      in the SHELL syntax.  More thing that I didn't like is using "|" as
      part of the fileanme in config, forexample:

DUPLICATELOCK=/var/lib/emacs/lock/!home!rgooch!mail!filtered!slow|duplicate
                                   `    `      `    `        `    ^
      It can cause problems; or the script is so sophisticated that I
      didn't understand what the author means.

      And, the lock-file are not in same directory with the file - not
      MUST but better.

      I would change the "!" and "|" to "_" or as I wrote before, omit
      the filename.

Or you can try it surrounded with hard quotes.

 DUPLICATELOCK='/var/lib/emacs/lock/!home!rgooch!mail!filtered!slow|duplicate'

Let us know if that works.

Dallman