Re: procmail 101

2007-04-12 07:59:35
Ruud wrote,

Yes, it's a good one.

It contains:
* MATCH ?? ^^\/([^-]|-[^-])+
which I think does the same as
* MATCH ?? ^^\/.*[^-]

Is there a special reason for your (or Bart's) approach?

There is a difference, Ruud; your simplification can match a string with
two or more successive hyphens, as long as there is at least one
non-hyphen at the end.  Sean's (or Bart's) cannot match a string with
two adjacent hyphens.  I think ^^\/(-?[^-])+ is equivalent to it, but
there are always those considerations of the form that's most efficient
for procmail to parse, and I never know how to determine that.