Re: Beginner - please help

2007-04-16 06:46:15
Awesome!  I really appreciate the help.  I think this will make everything
function more efficiently and I have made the changes on my system.  I still
am having the issue with vacation - let me detail, as I think procmail
should be able to handle some of this?

Assume that a message is flagged as spam...regardless of its score (whether
I dump it outright or send it to my corporate spm account), if a user has a
vacation reply set up it is replying to the message.  Logically, this makes
little sense to me.  Shouldn't the user's account not see the message at all
until it has been processed thru spamassassin and my procmail rules?  If so,
then only the email the user actually receives should end up with the
vacation replies...

This has been a question I have posted on multple linux forums and received
no replies.  I assume this must be a common problem.  I have one user
generating hundreds of emails trying to be sent out in replies to spam
(which he never gets) - but he gets all the bouncebacks because inevitably
either the users or domains do not exist.

Shouldn't these messages never get to the user and thus never generate the
vacation message?

- Skip