Re: to delete emails with empty body

2007-04-24 17:18:25
On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 12:37:26AM +0100, Alan Clifford wrote:

[deleting empty bodies]

Untested.  A single character will make the score 0 so the recipe will
fail. More characters will make the score negative

:0 B
*  1^0
* -1^1 .
/dev/null

I think it would work -- as long as what's in there isn't
a series of hard returns with no other line content.

However, this is wasteful, in that all mail will have all
(non-linefeed) chars counted.  There are several approaches
I can think of that would be better as algorithms.

One would be the negative: find two chars, and don't trash.  Also,
I think we can assume that we'll find two chars together somewhere
in most any legit message.  So we don't really have to use scoring.

  :0 B
  * ! ..
  /dev/null

--