Re: Tip: Tomorrow will be Another Day

2007-04-26 09:01:30
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Bart Schaefer wrote:

On 4/26/07, Udi Mottelo <uuddii(_at_)eng(_dot_)tau(_dot_)ac(_dot_)il> wrote:

        The problem is that procmail couldn't create the log if
        the directory doesn't exist.  Instead of checking if the
        directory exist every message over and over again I put
        in my crontab:

Checking if the directory exists is pretty painless:

MAILDIR=/the/directory/that/should/exist
:0
* MAILDIR ?? ^^[.]^^
* ? mkdir -p /the/directory/that/should/exist
{ MAILDIR=/the/directory/that/should/exist }

You ought to have the error-checking code in procmailrc anyway in case
for some reason your cron job fails, so ...

        If I make the dir at 12AM I have 12 hours to check and fix the
        problem.  The number of the tests will not be so big as the number
        of the messages that procmail work on.  The idea is to save as
        much cycles as I can and write clean/readable procmailrc as
        possible.

Bye,
  Udi