Re: get email address from the body of the email

2007-05-14 14:10:52
At 14:49 2007-05-14 -0400, Alex Kosach wrote:
I am working on new procmail recipe that should find an email address in
the body of the email and assign it to a variable.

I would need to pass the value of this variable to a korn shell for the
following database update (Oracle 10g).

Would it be possible to use procmail s native language to get this email
address without using grep or egrep commands?

If so, how the recipe might look like?

What does the email look like?  Is it presumed to be plain text, or encoded?

Without context, you're asking us to take pot shots into the dark.

If there's some form of a field delimiter (say, the email is issued by a
webform someplace - though yea, you'd expect THAT form to do your db work),
then you have some "anchor" text to search on.