How to set line buffer

2007-05-17 04:26:23

Hi,

I am playing with script of Barton E. Schaefer's mimepart.txt, trying to
get it work with file types other than just application and hit a
condition of line buffer overflow.

According to the manual,

       LINEBUF     Length of the internal line buffers, cannot be set
smaller
                   than 128.  All lines  read  from  the  rcfile  should
not
                   exceed $LINEBUF characters before and after
expansion.  If
                   not specified,  it  defaults  to  2048.   This
limit,  of
                   course,  does not apply to the mail itself, which can
have
                   arbitrary line lengths, or could be a binary file for
that
                   matter.  See also PROCMAIL_OVERFLOW.

Therefore the size of the attachment should not affect the buffer. But I
have found it consistenly that when the
attachment is large, the procmail failed; it actually over-write the
script followed. I have tested many smaller attachement of .doc, .xls
and .jpg etc., they work ok. When I put .pdf and .psd large image file,
it always fail.

Could it be possible that the mimepart.txt uses linebuf for the
extracted attachment as well and thus can be affected by the size of
attachment?

I try to put a line:

LINEBUF=1024000

 inside the procmailrc and it does not make difference; so where this
line or equivalent should go?

Rgds,
Kfl. HK.

~