RE: procmail-formail-sendmail not spoofing From addr

2007-05-25 07:33:22
Bart Schaefer wrote on Friday, May 25, 2007 4:09 PM:

On 5/25/07, Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:

Bart Schaefer wrote on Sunday, May 20, 2007 6:26 PM:

[Dallman] has his sendmail option syntax wrong): [. . .]

$SENDMAIL -oi -f test(_at_)resendingdomain mydevice(_at_)receivingdomain

Bart: what was wrong with my syntax?  I'm curious about
what you mean.

Actually what I meant was that you needed to explicitly
append the from and to addresses to the sendmail command line
after the -f, not that you got the options themselves wrong.
It would in fact be better to use $SENDMAILFLAGS rather than
an explicit -oi.

Okay.  Good.  I didn't put the addresses on the command line
because -- the way I do it in a similar situation is -- as
long as I'm using formail anyway, I set those lines there
instead.  But yeah, putting the lines on the command line
is perfectly fine, I agree.

Dallman