Re: Generating Phony Bounce Messages

2007-06-20 15:02:49

On Wed, June 20, 2007 5:37 pm, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Matthew G. Saroff schreef:
I've had the same email address for 12 years.

Unfortunately, part of these 12 years involved a sort of mailbombing,
when some putz posted my email addy on some make money fast sites.

Changing the email address is really not an option, as I have about
5000 people, any of whom might be able to find me a job, who have
that email.

Instead, I want to generate a bounce message, and to pass the message
along to my spam filters.

Hopefully, after a year or so of "User not found" error messages, the
name should start coming off lists.

Suggestions?

Bad idea. You can easily lose your internet connection (read the
contract).

I'm not entirely sure how, but since I have to change ISPS, I'll check
ahead of time.

The email in question is a mail-mirror (pobox.com), which allows me to
change ISPS to fix this.

My e-mail address is all-over-the-net, since about 1993. RBL, then
anti-virus, then SpamAssassin (with custom rules), then procmail, is
what keeps my inboxes clean.

I was doing something like that (Use Spambouncer) that until about a month
ago, when my ISP got sold, and dropped shell (hence the ISP change).

That's why it's come to a head.
--
Matthew G. Saroff
Owings Mills, MD