Maildirs and virtual users and postfix, oh my!

2007-06-25 14:29:56
OK, postfix is setup to create the virtual user's maildir if it does
not exist, and that worked up until I setup procmail.  Now the
message is handed off to procmailrc.common for the virtual users and
there's no mechanism for creating the maildir ($HOME) for the new user.

I doubt I can simply do a 'mkdir $USER', although maybe.  Before I
start breaking things though, I thought I would ask, how would you go
about making the new user(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld folder for a new user?

what I get currently is

procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/usr/local/virtual/fred(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com"
procmail: Couldn't chdir to "/usr/local/virtual/fred(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com"
procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=."
procmail: Assigning "DEFAULT=./"

at this point in the procmailrc.common:

MAILDIR="$HOME/$USER"
DEFAULT="$MAILDIR/"

So, first off, is there a way to trap if that MAILDIR command failed,
or do I have to do something like

:0
* ! ? test -d $HOME/$USER
{ mkdir $HOME/$USER }

before I set MAILDIR and DEFAULT?

--
And the three men I admire most, the father son and the holly ghost,
they caught the last train for the coast...