RE: Maildirs and virtual users and postfix, oh my!

2007-06-27 06:33:06
LuKreme wrote Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:39 PM:

On 26-Jun-2007, at 09:07, Bart Schaefer wrote:

LOG=`echo $HOME/$USER`

procmail: Executing "echo,/usr/local/virtual/fred(_at_)southgaylord(_dot_)com"
procmail: Assigning "LOG=/usr/local/virtual/fred(_at_)southgaylord(_dot_)com"

Setting /bin/sh to the vpopmail user seems to have solved all this.
Silly me, I was still thinking of procmailrc.common as a root level
procmailrc. Obviously, the variables were not expanding on the
backticks because procmail couldn't generate a shell.

Yeah, sorry for my bum steer of the other day -- I wasn't
paying enough attention to the details of what you wrote and
didn't see that you were calling a shell to grab $USER.

Dallman