Re: Maildirs and virtual users and postfix, oh my!

2007-06-25 17:45:26
On 25-Jun-2007, at 16:58, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:17:37 -0600 LuKreme <kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com>
wrote:

OK, postfix is setup to create the virtual user's maildir if it does
not exist, and that worked up until I setup procmail.  Now the
message is handed off to procmailrc.common for the virtual users and
there's no mechanism for creating the maildir ($HOME) for the new
user.

For creating the MAILDIR structure try doing a 'which maildirmake'
on your
system. If maildirmake exists then check to see if the user's
directory
already exists and if not then do a '/usr//bin/maildirmake
/usr/local/virtual/fred(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com'

I tried the following:

MAKENEWDIR=`test -d $HOME/$USER || mkdir -p $HOME/$USER`

I get:

procmail: Executing "test -d $HOME/$USER || mkdir -p $HOME/$USER/"
/nonexistent: Can't open /nonexistent: No such file or directory

And yeah, the $HOME and $USER do NOT expand ??

I do have maildirmake, so I will use that, once I figure this out.

--
No man is free who is not master of himself