Modifying the body of emails

2007-07-06 15:32:48
I am a Procmail and UNIX novice. I have, with much labor, gotten
Procmail up and running and successfully forwarding email the way I
want it to (I'm not using Procmail for an LDA; I'm using it to,
hopefully, filter, modify and redirect email). Now I need some advice
on how to get the actual meat of what I want done working.

Specifically, I want to change certain bits of the body of my emails.
In particular, I want to change things like

href="http://homepage.mac.com/calion/blog/thoughts/2007/07/here-we-
go.html"> Genius/Idiot&amp;mdash;Current Thoughts </a>  at  7/06/2007
02:10:00 PM

href="http://homepage.mac.com/calion/blog/thoughts/2007/07/here-we-
go.html"> Genius/Idiot&mdash;Current Thoughts </a>  at  7/06/2007
02:10:00 PM</font>

In other words, add some bits (the font tags) and subtract some other
bits (the foolish and extraneous "amp" blogger has started
adding...arg).

What is the best way to go about doing this? sed? awk? Something else?
Any clues on how I would figure out exactly how to do this, besides
just reading the manpages?

Thanks,

Jim
--