Re: Modifying the body of emails

2007-07-08 04:18:58
LuKreme schreef:
Jim Syler:

The grep docs say [[:digit:]] is preferable to [0-9], am I right?
That's what I've been using.

If it's working for you, sure.  I seem to recall having issues with
the [[: :]] classes in procmail (like, they don't work), so I never
got into the habit of using them in sed.

The [[:digit:]] character set (and its shorter form \d) can be different
per locale, and within Unicode will easily match over 250 different
characters. The [0-9] doesn't have that behaviour. But procmail doesn't
support the POSIX and Perlish? forms anyway.

From `man procmailrc`:
[...] regular expressions are completely compati-
ble  to  the  normal  egrep(1)  extended regular expressions.

Well, you just need to find a old `man 1 egrep` to make that true. :)

--
Groet, Ruud