Spamd before delivery

2007-07-25 06:34:35
I am looking at how I can re-write my procmailrc file to run spamd before
delivery.  I am seeing two issues as a result of the way my system currently
runs:

1)  If an inbound email is being sent to an alias (list of users), the
message is "sent" to each recipient and then processed with SA.  Thus, SA
runs on each coy of the message rather than a single time.

2)  This triggers the .forward file before spamd, resulting in email replies
(such as an out of office) to lots of invalid addresses.

Here is what I have now:

----------Start of file--------------------

VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all

:0fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc -f -u mail

:0
/dev/null

:0c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| echo "`formail -x X-Spam-Status: | awk -F 'score=' '{print $2}' | cut
--delimiter=' ' -f1`" >> /var/log/spam

:0
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| formail -A "X-Loop: spam" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
spamaccount(_at_)localdomain(_dot_)com

DROPPRIVS=yes

- Skip