Re: Request to remove urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net from the procmail list

2007-08-03 00:19:39
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, TjL wrote:

T> Begin forwarded message:
T>
T> > this email address urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net requires manual
T> > confirmation.
T>
T> urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net is using a challenge/response system which

T> auto-replied to my message sent to this list (NOT directly to him).
T>
T> This seems unacceptable for a mailing list participant.

It is.  But you can use procmail defensively for this sort of thing.  I
use the address "lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac" for posting to lists and if a
mail to
lists@ is not from one of my subscribed lists, it is considered spam.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. )