Re: Request to remove urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net from the procmail list

2007-08-03 09:14:15
At 08:17 2007-08-03 +0100, Alan Clifford wrote:
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, TjL wrote:

T> Begin forwarded message:
T>
T> > this email address urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net requires manual
T> > confirmation.
T>
T> urcqugak(_at_)trashmail(_dot_)net is using a challenge/response system which
T> auto-replied to my message sent to this list (NOT directly to him).
T>
T> This seems unacceptable for a mailing list participant.

It is.  But you can use procmail defensively for this sort of thing.  I
use the address "lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac" for posting to lists and if a
mail to
lists@ is not from one of my subscribed lists, it is considered spam.

Er, uh...

What about when people ON the lists reply offlist, with good reason, say
because the topic has turned from list topical?

Certainly, I apply a higher degree of spammishness to my list addresses
versus personal correspondance addresses (in my algorythm, all I have to do
is set a running tab a bit higher because the message was addressed to a
"publicly harvestable" address), but the address isn't otherwise just
considered spam.