Re: set status of mails in maildirs?

2007-08-03 09:18:50
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 02:47:29PM +0100, N.J. Mann wrote:

Dallman Ross wrote:
N.J. Mann wrote Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:52 PM:
Actually, I think Michelle may be correct, but I haven't
tested the recipes posted by Michelle.

I wasn't objecting to the underlying concept, just to the
Rube-Golbergesque set of unnecessary pipes and shell calls
to perform that concept.  Most of it can be done in procmail
without much trouble, I think.

Okay.  After a lot of head scratching I came up with the
following.  It _is_ tested and appears to work fine.  My value of
fine includes: Mutt 1.5.16, FreeBSD 6STABLE, procmail v3.22 and
setting SHELL to /bin/sh in my procmailrc file (my login shell is
zsh 4.3.4, but I prefer to use the FreeBSD Bourne shell derivate
with procmail).

:0
* some-regexp
{
  TRAP='mv ${LASTFOLDER} ${LASTFOLDER%%new/*}cur/${LASTFOLDER##*/}:2,S'

  :0
  some-folder/
}

Is that what you were alluding to?

That is very good, and I had also thought of that in answer to the
OP whom I sort of lambasted last week.  (Btw, my goal was not to
drive him away.  I apologize if that was the result.)  I was going
to show a shell-only manner of getting his var as well as the sed,
awk, and cut versions I did show, but I ran out of time.

--
dman