Re: set status of mails in maildirs?

2007-08-02 11:49:30
In message <99830CDF-F53E-4140-B8CB-F0E8B84ED275(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com>, LuKreme
wrote:
On 2-Aug-2007, at 09:57, Dallman Ross wrote:

Well, gee, Kreemy.  We discussed it a couple or three years
ago when you were on the list.

Well, I've only been using maildir for a few months myself.

LASTFOLDER knows where in the maildir hierarchy the file was
saved and what its name is.  Maildir uses that :2,F thing
on the end to mark messages read.  Voila.

where's that documented?

See my reply to Dallman's message.

I thought everything used Status: RO

According to google "Status: RO" is MUA specific.  Of course not all
information found by google'ing can be trusted.  :-(  The site I
mentioned in my reply to Dallman does not mention anything about it, so
I'm not sure if it is even valid (for some value of valid) for maildir
mailbox format.  I've been using maildir for years and I always
thought that to mark a message as read you had to move it from the "new"
directory to the "cur" directory - something that I forgot in my haste
to reply to the original question!  I did remember that you had to
rename the file, but I even got that wrong.  :-(

Cheers,
       Nick.