RE: set status of mails in maildirs?

2007-08-02 10:07:35
N.J. Mann wrote Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:52 PM:

To mark a message as seen you need to add ":2,S" - as Michelle
Konzack correctly pointed out.  (Next time I will not rush when
posting a reply to the list.  I _will_ double and triple check my
facts!)

Okay.  precision is good, but I wasn't sweating the details
in my general explanation.  But yeah, thanks.

http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html  has an explanation of maildir
mailbox format.

Good to keep handy.

Dallman Ross wrote:

Oh, and ignore that mess that Michelle posted with all sorts of

Actually, I think Michelle may be correct, but I haven't tested the
recipes posted by Michelle.

I wasn't objecting to the underlying concept, just to the
Rube-Golbergesque set of unnecessary pipes and shell calls
to perform that concept.  Most of it can be done in procmail
without much trouble, I think.

Dallman