fetchmail procmail issue

2007-08-15 18:16:20
Hi All,

I use fetchmail with procmail as my mda. I have it configured
fetchmail to use uidl and keep options, as I am trying to maintain a
running backup of all my mail.

With uidl, fetchmail keeps a list of ids of emails (in an idfile) that
it has already downloaded and does not download them again.

The issue is like this, sometimes procmail fails to handle the mail
(in my case drive is not mounted ...), but fetchmail has already added
the uid to idfile. So the next time fetchmail runs it will not get
that mail.

Is there a way to that I can add an action when procmail fails like
this? In the action I can set it up to delete the last id from the
idfile.

I am trying to make this backup system failsafe, so I am open to other
suggestions also.

tia,
rouble

--